TODO: update wiki with latest Daviz features: data visualization with google charts.
DaViz is a plone product which uses Exhibit to lets you easily create web pages with advanced text search and filtering functionalities (facets), with interactive maps, timelines, and other visualizations like these examples can be seen at http://www.simile-widgets.org/exhibit.In the LAB:
- Google charts integration
- Connection to data from SPARQL end point.
It is simply to use, needs no desktop application, everything is done through the web by uploading an "excel file" and configure its visualisations.
See also initial project wiki page DaViz, for the reasoning behind this project.
How to install Daviz and Exhibit (site admin)¶
- Login to CMS section and select Site Setup.
- Click on Add/Remove Products and select eea.daviz and eea.exhibit from the list on the left (Products available for install) then click install.
Create EEA Exhibit (data manager / web content manager)¶
In order to create you own Exhibit view please follow the next steps:
- In the destination folder go to add item menu and select file
- Browse for the desired file, containing your row data, and then click save
- After the file has been uploaded, go to actions menu and click convert to exhibit view, the page will automatically refresh to edit the Exhibit view
- The default view of the edit page only has Tabular View selected, in order to be able to configure other type of views they must first be selected and the save changes button pressed
- Each type of view has it's own settings and it's own save button for those settings to take effect. After the settings have been saved, clicking the view tab will display the converted file into a Exhibit view
- To edit an already uploaded EEA Exhibit file, just click on edit exhibit tab
- Only supports *.tsv files
- Very long loading times for files with more then 1000 records
- Thumbnail view does not work in IE, all the items overlay each other
- For map view to display correctly Latitude and Longitude must be in the same column
References for developers¶
- Exhibit online documentation can be found here http://simile-widgets.org/wiki/Exhibit.