Chrome does not display BISE pages correctly
BISE - maintenance
Several pages are not well aligned when using Chrome for browsing BISE. It looks fine in IE Explorer.
I'm using Google Chrome Version 48.0.2564.116 m
- related to Bug #68176: Cannot publish document added
- Subject changed from Chrome dpes not display BISE pages correctly to Chrome does not display BISE pages correctly
- Tracker changed from Task to Bug
- Assignee changed from Ilkka Melleri to EDW BISE Developers
- Target version set to BISE - Queue - DEPRECATED by agile board
- has duplicate Bug #23765: interactive elements not working properly added
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Assignee changed from EDW BISE Developers to Ichim Tiberiu
- Target version changed from BISE - Queue - DEPRECATED by agile board to BISE - Work In Progress - DEPRECATED by agile board
- % Done changed from 0 to 10
I thought that maybe one of the zope instances is unsynchronized, but it seems that there is a bug with Chrome.
The problems seems to be related to the box-shadow applied to the #portal-columns
Specifically, in this rule:
border-top: 1px solid #D4D9CC;
border-left: 1px solid #D4D9CC;
border-right: 1px solid #D4D9CC;
-moz-box-shadow: 0 0 6px 7px #DFE5D7;
-webkit-box-shadow: 0 6px 7px #DFE5D7;
box-shadow: 0 0 6px 7px #DFE5D7;
If I disable any of the drop shadows from the Chrome Inspector (the -webkit line, or the box-shadow line), the background is corrected.
- % Done changed from 10 to 90
With the help of Valentin Popescu, we've identified the cause of bug as being that of "heavy/complicated rendering".
I've fixed the problem in custom skin, a code based solution will be available at the next deployment.
- Status changed from In Progress to Closed
- % Done changed from 90 to 100
- Target version changed from BISE - Work In Progress - DEPRECATED by agile board to BISE - Done 2016 Q1
- related to Feature #67937: EPIC (analysis and splitting task): User interface across the six entry points of BISE and home page added
- Parent task set to #77012
Also available in: Atom