Welcome to Taskman!¶
Think big, act small, fail fast; learn rapidly¶
How to use it?¶
First, get to know the official User Guide.
Our work practices: working with tickets (kanban/lean)
Requests for new projects or any other questions about Agile/Scrum/Kanban/Lean software development please contact Antonio De Marinis at EEA
How to add new member to a project and what role to give: See instructions
* What is Agile?¶
Agile project management is an iterative method of determining requirements for engineering and information technology development projects in a highly flexible and interactive manner. Lean principles originating from the Toyota Production System are also widespread within the Agile methodologies.
The core principles of Agile project management are:
- Individuals and interactions over processes and tools
- Working software over comprehensive documentation
- Customer collaboration over contract negotiation
- Responding to change over following a plan
The core principles of Kanban:
- Visualize Work By creating a visual model of your work and workflow, you can observe the flow of work moving through your Kanban system. Making the work visible—along with blockers, bottlenecks and queues—instantly leads to increased communication and collaboration.
- Limit Work in Process (WIP) By limiting how much unfinished work is in process, you can reduce the time it takes an item to travel through the Kanban system. You can also avoid problems caused by task switching and reduce the need to constantly re-prioritize items.
- Focus on Flow By using work-in-process (WIP) limits and developing team-driven policies, you can optimize your Kanban system to improve the smooth flow of work, collect metrics to analyse flow, and even get leading indicators of future problems by analysing the flow of work.
- Make policies explicit Until the mechanism of a process is made explicit, it is often hard or impossible to hold a discussion about improving it. Without an explicit understanding of how things work and how work is actually done, any discussion of problems tends to be emotional, anecdotal and subjective. With an explicit understanding it is possible to move to a more rational, empirical, objective discussion of issues.
- Implement feedback loops Organizations that have not implemented the second level of feedback - the operations review - generally do not see process improvements beyond a localized team level.
- Continuous Improvement Once your Kanban system is in place, it becomes the cornerstone for a culture of continuous improvement. Teams measure their effectiveness by tracking flow, quality, throughput, lead times and more. Experiments and analysis can change the system to improve the team’s effectiveness.
Taskman (this site) main features¶
Taskman is based on the flexible Redmine software. Read more about Redmine features
Taskman upgraded: faster and new features available
Taskman system Redmine has been upgrade to latest version and brought lot of bug fixes and some new features.
Who can see private tickets and private notes
It is now possible for all project members to see private tickets. Anonymous and non-members of a project will not see the private issues and notes.
Content creation and management (2015-09-24 13:26)
This project include tasks that are related to content creation and upload with proper metadata to a content management system. It does not include software development. Most of the content created via tasks here ends up to the EEA Content Management System (EEA website) or in a few cases other EEA web systems....
Report generation (2015-09-01 10:32)
Dataset publication (2015-07-30 10:30)
Management of the tasks related to the publication of the datasets on the EEA Data and maps site (http://www.eea.europa.eu/data-and-maps).
WISE SoE (2015-07-16 15:13)
Tasks related to the development of systems supporting the WISE SoE data flows reporting.
The tasks in this (sub-)project are NOT aimed externally, to contractors or consultants, but internally to EEA staff members involved in the project. They could be related to or followed by tasks in other projects which are aimed externally (e.g. Reportnet development or ETC/ICM tasks)...
CCA (Plone) (2015-06-23 16:57)
Migrate Climate Change Adaptation Portal to Plone